Cert Kit 70-417: Upgrading Your Skills to MCSA Windows Server 2012
In-depth e-learning content includes 365-day online access to exam quizzes, tips and information, and online coaching/mentoring from certified professionals who know how to pass the exam. Includes MeasureUp practice test!
Get hands-on instruction and practice configuring and implementing new features and functionality in Windows Server 2012, including Windows Server 2012 R2, in this course. This course is designed for IT professionals who want to upgrade their existing Windows Server technical skills to Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2.
It presumes a high level of knowledge about previous Windows Server technologies and skills equivalent to MCSA: Windows Server 2008 credential. The course covers the new features and functionality in Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2, including management, network infrastructure, storage, access control, virtualization, high availability, and identity federation.
Specific technologies covered include Windows PowerShell, Storage Spaces and Internet Small Computer System interface (iSCSI), Active Directory, Hyper-V, implementation of Remote Access solutions such as DirectAccess, VPNs, and Web Application Proxy (WAP).
The course also covers Failover Clustering, Federation Services as well as access and information provisioning and protection technologies such as Dynamic Access Control, and Web Application Proxy integration with Federation Services and Workplace Join.
This course is not a product upgrade course, detailing considerations for migrating and upgrading your specific environment to Windows Server 2012.
Rather, this course will update your existing Windows Server knowledge and skills to Windows Server 2012, including Windows Server 2012 R2.
This course maps directly to and is the preferred choice for hands-on preparation for Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA): Exam 417: Upgrading Your Skills to MCSA Windows Server 2012, which is the upgrade exam for certifications that have qualifying upgrade paths.
This course is intended for Information Technology (IT) Professionals who are experienced Windows Server system administrators who are familiar with carrying out day to day Windows Server management and maintenance tasks.
The course will update their skill to Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2.
Candidates suitable for this course would be:
- Experienced Windows Server Administrators who have real world experience working in a Windows Server enterprise environment.
- IT professionals who have obtained the MCSA: Windows Server 2008, or a qualifying upgradeable certification, details of which are available here, or have equivalent knowledge.
- IT Professionals wanting to take the Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) exams in Data Center, Desktop Infrastructure, Messaging, Collaboration and Communication will also be interested in taking this course as they prepare for the Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) Windows Server 2012 credential, which is a pre-requisite for their individual specialties.
Who should take this exam?
This exam is intended for IT professionals who want to validate the skills and knowledge necessary to implement the Windows Server 2012 core infrastructure services.
Candidates have already earned a qualifying Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2000, or Windows XP certification:
Windows Server 2008 certifications
MCSA: Windows Server 2008
MCITP: Server Administrator on Windows Server 2008
MCITP: Enterprise Administrator on Windows Server 2008
MCITP: Virtualization Administrator on Windows Server 2008 R2
MCITP: Enterprise Messaging Administrator 2010
MCITP: Lync Server Administrator 2010
MCITP: SharePoint Administrator 2010
MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7
Windows Server 2003 certifications (and earlier versions)
MCDST: Windows XP
MCSE: Windows 2000
MCSA Windows 2000
MCSA: Security on Windows 2000
MCSA: Security on Windows 2003
MCSA: Windows Server 2003
MCSE: Security on Windows 2000
MCSE: Security on Windows 2003
MCSE: Windows Server 2003
MCSA: Messaging on Windows Server 2000
MCSA: Messaging on Windows Server 2003
MCSE: Messaging on Windows Server 2000
MCSE: Messaging on Windows Server 2003
A Microsoft Official MeasureUp practice test and online mentoring are included in this Cert Toolkit!
Why Choose MeasureUp Practice Tests?
Quality test content is extremely important to us so that you will be prepared on exam day. We ensure that all objectives of the exam are covered in depth so you'll be ready for any question on the exam. Our practice tests are written by industry experts in the subject matter. They work closely with certification providers to understand the exam objectives, participate in beta testing and take the exam themselves before creating new practice tests. MeasureUp's quality content and innovative technology have earned the prestigious credential of Microsoft Official Practice Test and is the Official VMware Practice Test.
- Online performance-based simulations give hands on work environment experience
- Practice test experience prepares you for the real exam and builds your knowledge of exam objectives
- All question types found on the vendor exam are included in your practice test
- Detailed explanations for both correct and distractor answers reinforce the material
- Practice Mode covers all objectives ensuring topics are covered
- Certification Mode (timed) prepares you “exam taking” conditions
- Instant, drill-down score reports tell you exactly the areas to focus on
- Additional related Web references included
|Chrome 39||Firefox 34||Internet Explorer 10 and 11||Safari 8|
|Surface Pro||Windows 8||X||X||X|
|Safari 8||Android||Chrome 39||Internet Explorer RT||Internet Explorer 11|
|iPhone 5 or higher*||IOS 8||X||X|
|iPhone 4*||IOS 7||X||X|
|Android Tablet*||4.0 or higher||X||X|
|Android Phone*||4.0 or higher||X||X|
|Lumia 920 or higher*||Windows Phone 8.1||X|
*Online use only with these devices
Download System Requeriments
- Win7, Win8.1, Linux 64 bits, MAC OSX 10.9 and 10.10
- We no longer support XP
MOS System Requeriments
- Microsoft Office 2016 is required in order to complete the Live in the app practice.
- Adobe Reader or similar is required.
- Operating System needs to be Windows 8 or Windows 10.
- Browser options are Internet Explorer 10+, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.
- .NET version: .NET 3.5 required. Some features may also require .NET 4.0, 4.5, or 4.6 CLR to be installed.
- Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster x32-bit or x64-bit processor with SSE2 instruction set.
- Memory: 2 GB RAM.
- Minimum hard disk space available: 300 Mb
- Internet Connection.
- First, use the practice test in Practice Mode to access questions, answers explanations and reference materials. Leverage the remediation to additional learning materials to maximize study effectiveness.
- Next, use your Score Report to identify objectives where your score is lower and more study is needed.
- And then, refine your practice experience in Practice Mode by customizing domain objectives or selecting missed questions. Use additional study time wisely.